6/03/2008

SP12 questionnaire

IMG_3555.JPG
I'm participating in Secret Pal 12, and need to answer these questions about me and my knitting life.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I’m a typical yarn snob. Pure and natural fibers are my favorites; wool, silk, alpaca, bamboo. You might have figured out that I do not like things like fun fur and acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Plastic bags with numbers.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My knitting skills are qute good. I learned to knit from my grandmother when I was almost six, and have knitted continuously since then.

3. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
There is one at Amazon.co.uk.

4. What's your favorite scent?
Sea, fresh air, nature…not a perfume girl.

5. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Very sweet. I love to try new candies.

6. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don’t spin, but would like to learn some day.
I would like to learn any craft some day…

The last year knitting has been my main craft, but I also bead, sew and crochet.


7. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play MP3s, but are not able to define my taste of music. My iPod is filled with podcasts.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Red, red, red ang green. Blues are not for me, but my daugther loves it..

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Our house is filled with a family of four and some fish. Two great kids (four and seven years old) and a cute husband.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes and no. I live I Norway, we need these things ten months a year, but ponchos are not very practical..


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything. It depends on the receiver, the yarn, the time of year, if anybody needs new mittens.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A bear, a few scarves, mittens, Harry Potter socks.

That was the “active” projects, but I guess there’s a few UFOs in the basement.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars or DPNs. Aluminium is preferred, but bamboo is ok.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18 years. I knitted an intarsia clown sweater front in mohair. …it could be a nice pillow?

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas...because of al the reds and greens...

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Books and beads and yarn?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I’m dreaming of an issue of Interweave knits (the Tilted duster one…). I can’t get it in Norway, but has read to much about the magazine and the patterns.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Shibori felting

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
A few pair a year, and love wearing wool socks. My feet is a european size 39.

23. When is your birthday?
8th of March

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
MagFly

1 kommentar:

Ninne sa...

Very nice, in deed!!
Jeg kjente meg igjen i ganske mye her gitt, ikke minst garnsnobben ;)